Good for the people. Good for the planet.
Bird Canada is committed to enabling a more liveable, sustainable future by reducing gas-powered car trips, traffic, and carbon emissions. We’re continuing to evolve with every facet of a more sustainable future and making the changes we need to bring our mission of making cities more livable to life and responsibly.
A Green Lifecycle
Healthier cities begin with sustainable mobility. That’s why we focus on a green lifecycle—measuring, avoiding, and reducing, and offsetting—to turn our vision into a reality.
Measuring Climate Impact
In order to accurately measure our emissions, we worked with CEA Consulting and an independent consultant from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory to track the total environmental impact of our scooters from manufacturing to end-of-life.
We then compared the estimates from our life-cycle analysis against those of a similar independent exercise conducted by the International Transport Forum.
Meet the Eco Fleet
At Bird Canada, an important component of being climate friendly is how we design and engineer our vehicles. Our vehicles are designed in-house to be the longest lasting and most sustainable in the industry. We do this by:
Bird eliminates the need to endlessly search for car parking, which causes traffic on already crowded streets and pollutes the air in the process. One traditional car parking spot can fit 10 scooters, and Bird reimagines these spaces as multi-purpose parklets where dock-less bikes and scooters can easily park.
At Bird, we mitigate our emissions and environmental impact* by:
- Partnering with local utility companies to purchase green energy for charging our fleet.
- Using e-vans and cargo trikes for collecting and redistributing our fleet.
- Reducing carbon-intensive transport for employees, including remote work strategies.
- Complying with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Repurposing or recycling remaining parts with partners like the Landbell Group.
- Testing innovative battery solutions, both integrated and swappable.
* This is dependent on market conditions and availability.
- Cleaner air.
- Less Traffic.
- More joy.